My GSoC proposal on improving the GroupTheory part of the combinatorics sub-module, in the Sympy library, has been accepted by the organisation. Sympy is a Python library for symbolic manupulation and computation. Here is the final draft of the proposal I submitted. The mentors for my project are:
The community conding period started on 24th of April. The major part of my community bonding period was during the end semester examinations but I’ve managed to collect the sources required for the various parts of my project.
Not major changes have been made in the time line of my project. The project is mainly divided into 3 phases.
- Phase 1
- Aims in the implementation of an automaton for word reduction in rewirting systems.
- Implementation of the algorithms to check and compute the isomorphism between 2 groups.
- Phase 2
- Implementation of the modified Todd-Coxeter algorithm for subgroup presentation.
- Polycyclic presentation of finitely presented groups.
- Implementation of the power-conjugate presentation and the corresponding algorithms.
- Phase 3
- Rewriting systems for power-conjugate presentation
- Computing the quotient of groups
The coding period starts on the 14th of May and I will be wokring on the implementation of the automaton in the first 10-12 days of Phase 1.
Looking forward to a great and a productive summer vacation with Sympy. Hope to learn a lot of new things :).